Make Music is a free celebration of music around the world. It started in 1982 in France and is now held on the same day in more than 700 cities in 120 countries. All of it is free and open to the public.
For more information go to http://makemusicday.org.
The sun rises in the constellation Taurus at the start of June, and in Gemini at the end of the month. (But people born in early June are Geminis. Shouldn’t they be Taurus? I’m confused.)
With the warm weather, the longer days, and the sun in Taurus and Gemini, it’s no wonder June is THE month for summer vacations.
Except for Julie Gribble. Vacation? Julie don’t need no stinking vacation.
Julie’s already got a busy month of shows scheduled around the Southeast. Here’s the current list. The Calendar page will always have any updates.
- June 3, 7:00 pm – Polo Golf And Country Club, Cumming, GA
- June 4, 12:00 pm – Canine Pet Rescue Bikes Barks BBQ, Dacula, GA
- June 5, 1:00 pm – Wing And Rock Festival, Woodstock, GA
- June 10, 7:30 pm – Pleasure Is All Wine, Pelham, AL
- June 11, 12:30 pm – River Market, Chattanooga, TN
- June 11, 6:30 pm – Pavilion Coffee House, Madison, TN
- June 18, 1:30 pm – Chateau Meichtry Vineyards, Talking Rock, GA
- June 25, 12:00 pm – Yonah Mountain Winery, Cleveland, GA
I’m a little concerned about Julie, who is an Aries, performing while the sun is rising in Taurus and Gemini, but I trust she’ll be able to work through it.
Congratulations to Julie and Director Brady Brandwood! Their ‘Leave You Behind’ video was named Best Music Video in the 11th Myrtle Beach Film Festival.
And here’s the video:
Why? It’s really quite simple. “I feel like I’m going crazy when I’m not performing,” she told me.
“Probably the biggest reason is one that’s very self-serving,” Julie said. “I really enjoy playing. I feel like it balances me.”
But that’s only one part of it. Julie just loves getting out there and performing. She loves meeting people – both other musicians and the folks in the audience.