If you haven’t noticed (Seriously, how could you not notice?), Julie plays a LOT of live gigs.
Why? It’s really quite simple. “I feel like I’m going crazy when I’m not performing,” she told me.
“Probably the biggest reason is one that’s very self-serving,” Julie said. “I really enjoy playing. I feel like it balances me.”
But that’s only one part of it. Julie just loves getting out there and performing. She loves meeting people – both other musicians and the folks in the audience.
Today marks one year. One year ago that my life changed in so many ways because of and in spite of.
On my way home w groceries, still at a traffic light and without knowledge reamed from the back.
Everyday since has brought amazing and horrific things… In some ways I curse it all cause of the constant pain that comes and now goes too, but in others see it as a blessing. It has forced me to reach so much deeper to figure out what I am here for and where I am going. Also to know who to treasure and who to let go.
Sometimes we are thrown a heavier load than we already have bc we never saw how much more there was to be done.
Plz be careful driving and take care of each other.
Julie’s new single “Rise Up” is almost done and should be released in just a few weeks. The song will also have a music video.
Julie hopes the song and video will increase awareness for domestic violence, a cause she has championed before with “Send Me An Angel” and its video.
“Violence doesn’t always leave a visible scar,” Julie said. “Each of us are responsible for each other. Let’s ‘Rise Up’ and be each other’s Angel.”
In addition to “Rise Up”, tracks for 3 more songs are also nearing completion and will be included in an album currently scheduled for release this summer.
Of course, the New Year brings resolutions, and if your resolutions included adding more live music to your life, Julie is here to help.
After kicking off 2016 with three shows in the Southeast, Julie hits the road in a big way the next few weeks.
Ms. Gribble will finish January by venturing down to Florida for four shows. February has her hiking up to North Carolina for one, and then going all-l-l-l-l-l the way out to California before returning home to Georgia to finish out the month.
Julie’s current schedule for the next few weeks is shown below, and the Calendar page always has the latest updates.
- Jan 21: Cork and Barrel, Fort Myers, FL
- Jan 22: Ladies of Rock at Marios, Clearwater, FL
- Jan 23: Cork and Barrel, Fort Myers, FL
- Jan 24: Marios Bar Pazzo, Clearwater, FL
- Feb 5: Oskar Blues Brewery, Brevard, NC
- Feb 12: The Slip Bar, Redondo Beach, CA
- Feb 20: Yonah Mountain Winery, Cleveland, GA
- Feb 27: Red Light Café, Atlanta
September is my favorite month.
Fall starts in September and fall is my favorite season.
College football starts in September and college football is my favorite sport.
My birthday is in September and… well, ’nuff said about that. (The 29th and I like bourbon and my shirt size is XL, thanks for asking.)
As if all that’s not enough, this September Julie has a whole passel of shows scheduled, and Julie’s my favorite singer/songwriter, and she’s at her best when she’s performing live.
Be sure to check the Calendar page for the latest updates, but here’s Julie’s current schedule:
- Sept 4, 5 pm, Tailgates & Touchdowns, Lake Lanier Island, GA
- Sept 5, 11 am, River Market, Chattanooga, TN
- Sept 5, 5:30 pm, Crushfest, Cleveland, GA
- Sept 6, 11 am, River Market, Chattanooga, TN
- Sept 6, 5 pm, Matthews Alive, Matthews, NC US
- Sept 10, 11 am, Yellow Daisy Festival, Atlanta, GA
- Sept 17, 8:30 pm, Smith’s Olde Bar, Atlanta, GA
- Sept 18, 8 pm, Peaceful Henrys, Bluffton, SC
- Sept 25, 7 pm, Primeaux, Birmingham, AL
An evening of live Gribble is enough to make this September everyone’s favorite month.